I have realized something interesting about myself - My motto is "When all else fails...make chocolate chip cookies." So many times when I have just finished a stressful project, have one of my sons' friends over to spend the night, looking forward to a night of relaxing, wanting to make the kids or my husband feel happy, etc. I will bake some homemade chocolate chip cookies. I have been this way all the way back to my teenage years. This was not a great thing for my waistline. Now - I will try to eat tthe cookie and then take a walk to burn the calories off.
There is something about hanging out in the kitchen and basic chocolate chip cookies. Of course, taste testing chocolate chip cookie dough is alot of the fun too but in light of the warnings currently to not do so due to the egg recall - I will skip this part tonight. I have worked hard this week, played hard this week, the week is winding up (YEAH) and the boys have a sleepover tonight. A "perfect storm" for some home baked chocolate chip cookies. Thank you to my mom and grandmother for the gift of baking. Love that I can head in to the kitchen and feel the joys of baking. Remember - "When all else fails...make chocolate chip cookies."
How about your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe?
ReplyDeleteThanks Elizabeth for the good thought - Hope you like. Thanks for following me on this new blog.
ReplyDelete