Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Silence of Friendship


“True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” - David Tyson Gentry

I have been reminded of this quote two times this week.  One time - it was a quote from a friend's Facebook page.  The second time - on the dry erase board at Joey's swim team practice.  When I saw the quote at swim practice - an unlikely place - it struck me.  How many times do we read a quote from someone and we say to ourselves - "Wow, this is so true!"  This quote on friendship is so true. 

I have to say - honestly - I did not learn this lesson of friendship until much later in life.  I can now feel comfortable in my friendships to let things move however they need to move.  But in my grade school days, high school days and even college days - I am sure I was unsettled at times with my friendships.  This is of course is how a young female matures into the wife, mother, coworker and true friend.  I love seeing my two sons develop their friendships and wonder how they will move thru life together. 

I am truly thankful for my friends and everything I have learned or will learn from them.  Take time to thank the friends in your lives but know that “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.”

Take care - my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment